Skip to main content

Lamb Post #1

   Just as I predicted, Alberta and Davina were the first to lamb! They did a great job! I haven't come up with names for the lambs yet, I need to start! So far I have got 3 ewes and 1 ram lamb... I couldn't ask for anything better! The ram is out of Alberta, so it will be polled or scurred, no horns will be on him. He is for sale, I will not be keeping him, if anyone is interested.

   Here are some pictures of the lambs. Hope you enjoy!

(LostLakeFarm Davina x Three Creeks Emmit) Twin ewe lamb. She is one of my favorites!
 
 
(LostLakeFarm Davina x Three Creeks Emmit) Twin ewe lamb. I think she is going to grey. I think her sissy will grey too.
 
(Lil'Country Alberta x Lil'Country Beetlejuice) Twin ewe Lamb. Amazing ringlets in her lil fleece! It reminds me of her grandmother (Bar).
 
And finally, the little ram lamb! (Lil'Country Alberta x Lil'Country Beetlejuice) He's a little looker!
 
Here is a picture of the ram laying on Alberta. Soooo cute!
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They Are Getting Close!

   My ewes getting closer and closer to lambing. I was told when I bought Davina that she wouldn't lamb until Mid-April. I think she's closer than her former owners thought. She has got a big bag already, and she's as fat as I'll get out. I hope to get a grey ewe out of her, since the sire of this lamb is a grey. Davina has AMAZING crimp to her fleece, and I'm hoping she'll pass it to her offspring. Alberta is right behind Davina. She is just as fat, if not bigger than Davina. I counted the days, and she is due and of this month, beginning of April. Her bag isn't as big as Davina's, but its getting there. Bar is pretty big too. All of them look big except for Rose. I believe Rose is bred, but I think she may have a single. You never can tell. I know sheep and goats are different, but I had a nanny last year throw triplets and she didn't look like she was carring even one! We thought the nanny wasn't bred at all.     All of my sheep have such d

And Where Has it Gone?

   I'm sorry for not posting sooner, life gets hectic, especially when you have the responsibilities of a farm. The lambs are growing at a rapid pace. They look marvelous! Daisy is probably my favorite ewe as far as fleeces go. I am definitely keeping her!    Someone had called and placed a deposit on Albert, one of the ram lambs I have for sale. Unfortunately, he had to cancel the purchase due to family issues. If they do not sell I will be forced to take them to the auction. There is nothing wrong with taking an animal to an auction, but male animals normally go to slaughter. Both of these rams have the potential to be great flock sires. However, there is always something better that comes along and there isn't a home for every cute ram out there.    I have also placed one of my ewe lambs, Martina, for sale. If you are interested in her, please email me! I'm asking $100 for her. To see a picture of her scroll through some of my older posts and you will see lamb pictur

Been A Long Time!

     Its been a long time since I've graced this blog with my presence, much longer than I had ever intended. Spring of 2014, I had a total of 11 lambs, all sired by Three Creeks Tank. I only kept one lamb from the bunch, Mossburg, who I used as flock sire this past fall. I sold several of my mature ewe and am down to the small total of four. This summer I intend to increase my herd again, but for the time being, I felt it best to decrease my flock. I will try to be more diligent about posting. Bye for now!